Safe Gallery Free (Media Lock)
Free program that allows media files to be password protected
In this highly advanced technological age, it is important to have the same ability to protect what is on our smartphones and tablets as we do to guard what is inside our homes and cars. That is where Safe Gallery Free Media Lock comes in. This incredibly helpful app gives its users the ability to safeguard the digital galleries on their devices. Files are password protected by a code that is established by the user. The password may be either pattern-based or numerical.
Unlike many other apps that provide protection for the files contained on the users' devices, Safe Gallery Free Media Lock gives the owner the option of protecting only some of the images and videos they have. Any files that are chosen for protection are automatically stored in a separate folder within the gallery app. This allows users to freely share some of their media files while protecting the private content they do not wish for anyone to see.
Safe Gallery Free Media Lock helps alleviate the fears of people who are worried about others gaining access to their devices and viewing personal images and videos they are not meant to see. It is also extremely helpful for users who tend to save all of their media files to one device since it does let them pick and choose which receive the password protection. Please note that Safe Gallery Free Media Lock only functions on devices operating Android 2.3 or higher.
- Protects sensitive media files from uninvited viewers.
- Allows users to select which videos and images they wish to protect.
- Does not allow user to save protected files to SD cards.
- Protected files may be lost if app is uninstalled without first removing password protection.
• User can use ad-free App. for a while through playing the reward ads.
• Bug fixes.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS: Allows an application to see the number being dialed during an outgoing call with the option to redirect the call to a different number or abort the call altogether.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state.
- GET_TASKS: This constant was deprecated in API level 21. No longer enforced.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.